Wednesday, February 6, 2013

For the Love of Money

Greetings beautiful,

I have been slapped with the words from our latest chapter! I picked up the book 7 by Jen Hatmaker about the excessive life we have been blessed with. So far I am loving it. It's challenging and funny. She's so funny. I've read many pages out loud to my mom and giggled.

But the point of this email is to see where you think you are with your relationship with money. Here's the challenge. (And I'm not going to call you out on any of this when I see your beautiful face on Friday.)

How many pairs of shoes do you own? Why?
How many articles of clothing do you have in your closet? And how many times have you had "nothing to wear"? Why?
If you took stock of the clothes in your closet vs. the clothes you wore this week, would you have enough left over to share?
Have you added to the number of items in your closet this week? Why? (I really wanted to but you held me accountable....)

This has been so challenging for me. I am the worst about looking on Facebook or walking into Target and feeling inadequate. Then I find myself buying a scarf and jeans. (On Friday!!! No self control) And have you seen some of the cute clothes out for the kiddos. To my dismay, my children have developed their own taste in clothing. And I can't help to feel that I need to buy them more or cuter clothes.

So here we are, back at the same place I have been at since high school. I want to encourage you to join us and figure out how we can make a new Habit that creates a healthier relationship with money.

Joyfully FULL of it...
Tiff

(We are reading "Ten Habits of Healthy Mothers" by Meg Meeker)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment