Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Helping him and loving him

Proverbs 31:11 (New Living Translation)
Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.

Last time we met, we talked about being a Proverbs 31 woman and what that may or may not mean. Then we focused on that handsome man we live with. We can work hard all day to be a good mom but if I'm not being a good wife or, more importantly, the wife my husband needs then I'm just spinning my wheels. Can he trust me? That is such an important word. He needs to be able to trust your intentions and your words. This can be hard since they can be so different from us sometimes.

What about Proverbs 31:12 (NLT)?
She will not hinder him but help him all her life.

Are you helping Him? What does he need today that you haven't given him? (I'm not necessarily talking about THAT....but...)

It is important that he trusts me and feels that I help him. God made me to be his help mate. And that's exactly what I want to be.

We are celebrating 40 years of this beautiful man on Saturday. We've planned and stressed and worked out the details so far. But guess what? He needs my undivided attention on Friday to get ready for this event. This celebration! And that's exactly what I want to do.

This means we won't be meeting this week. I love you dearly but I love him more. And if being by his side as we prepare the event is what he needs, then you know where to find me! See you in a few weeks.

Joyfully full of it!
Tiff




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment