Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Lemons and Love






Well, you know the saying...."when you buy a bag of lemons at Walmart, you make lemonade with the hope that you can use the time to bond with your son who is struggling." You've heard that right? ;)




So that's what we did Monday. We made lemonade. Just me and my sweet little man. His idea. We googled the recipe just like Martha Stewart would do and make sugar filled lemonade.
















And it was delightful. The minutes we spent together as well as the delicious lemonade. I have missed this sweet boy and his smile. I miss having days that aren't tear filled and painful.

In fact, we are having a hard day today. But I'm clinging to that handsome smiling face today and pressing into him until I find a way to love him through this mess of growing up.

I'm claiming a verse my mom reminded me of that got us through a rough patch before....

Ephesians 3:17b-21
And I pray that you [Michael], being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you [Michael] may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all the generations [even this current generation], for ever and ever! Amen.

There some real power in those verses that I need to cling to when I'm deflated and beat down by the burden of parenting my beautiful children.

Joyfully full of whatever I can get....
Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment