Monday, March 25, 2013

Passion

Passion week. Have you heard of it? It means lent is coming to an end which makes me evaluate the last 40 days, the decisions made, and what I'm going to do about it.

It surprises me that its here so quickly.
I have really enjoyed the challenge.

No Facebook. And in its absence I have been blesses with some wonderful friendships and conversations. I'm tempted to stay our of social media. I'm quite satisfied with my little bubble world I've been in this month.

But what does this week really mean? What do we focus on?

Will it be the triumphal entry? (Sunday.....Palm Sunday)
Will we shout "hosanna" or "crucify him"?
Sunday to Thursday....and they nailed him to a tree. But what happened in the middle? Each day of this week is significant. I hope you will take your "me" time and spend it thinking about what Jesus did for you.

On Sunday they cheered as he entered Jerusalem on a donkey.
On Monday, he came to the temple and overturned the money changers tables because they were greedy. He called them robbers and was absolutely enraged that they would turn the temple into a den of robbers.

What happens on Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday?

How will you start your celebration of passion week? Start today. Think about his holy anger and his extreme love for you.

Joyfully,
Tiff

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment